This week I decided to be a bit daring and create my own Homemade Garlic Croutons. See, my kids LOVE the garlic goodness but I wanted to see if I could make a healthy version. The result: an easy, inexpensive, delicious Homemade Garlic Croutons recipe. You gotta try this…
What made my Homemade Garlic Croutons healthy? I used Demptser’s Garden Vegetable Bread (vegetables in bread?! yes, there are carrots and pumpkin in it…but I assure you it doesn’t have an overbearing “veggie” taste).
- 6 slices of Dempster’s Garden Vegetable Bread
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Heat over to 375C
- Place 6 slices of Dempster’s Garden Vegetable Bread on a cookie sheet
- Brush melted butter over each of the bread slices
- Sprinkle garlic powder on each bread slice (to taste)
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- After baking (turn off oven), place toasted garlic bread slices on a cutting board and cut into cubes.
- Then, return garlic bread cubes to cookie sheet.
- Next, return cookie sheet to hot oven (which is turned off) for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm immediately or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Homemade Garlic Croutons Ideas
These Homemade Garlic Croutons are great for after-school snack (and in the lunch box too). They are also crunchy additions to any green salad. Oh I realized a grown-up switch up when I stumbled upon my husband munching on my Homemade Garlic Croutons…
Garlic Toast with Brie and Salami
I know what I’m putting out for the guests the next time we do a wine & cheese!
Disclosure: #spon and these Homemade Garlic Croutons were truly a hit with the Brie. As always, the opinions in this post are my own. Visit Dempster’s on Facebook and follow @Dempsters on twitter