These Tips To Make Holiday Baking Easier are super valuable this time of year. I was recently invited to #BakeWithHeart — an event which inspired creativity in baking as well as inspiring using baking time as relaxation time. These tips to make holiday baking easier will de-stress and boost your creativity!…
Tips To Make Holiday Baking Easier
- Baking is creative…not upsetting. So relax! I time baking during free time (i.e. when I’m not strapped for time). Think of baking as me-time. Or family time! Holiday baking can be a great stay-at-home-with-the-kids-afternoon-activity. Turn on some music, get out your recipe book, take out your bowls and measuring cups, start baking, and smile. Yes, just like this…
2. Read your recipe over first (to ensure you have all the ingredients). If baking with kids, set up responsibilities from the start so there is no fighting (because baking shouldn’t be stressful!). Pre-heat oven. Pre-measure ingredients if you like.
3. Tried and true Vs New. My tried and true go-tos are muffins and cakes (I can make them by heart without a recipe – because I’ve baked them so often). However, cookies are my New (I don’t make cookies often because well…I’ll eat them all!…and I need a recipe to follow). So for cookies, I use the BECEL ANYTHING GOES COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE. I was introduced to this recipe last year and it is seriously…the easiest cookie recipe I have ever baked. Yes, shameless recommendation right there! The Anything Goes Cookie Dough Recipe is a straight-forward recipe that turns out chewy, delicous, cookies every single time.
Bookmark these holiday recipes too!
- Becel® Cinnamon Apple Pie
- Becel® Shortbread Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs (I made these! Super easy-to-make)
NEW Becel Sticks
4. New, limited-edition Becel® Sticks are available in stores nationwide. Becel® Sticks are made with plant-based oils from sunflowers and Canadian canola. They have 50% less saturated fat than butter, and also include Vitamins A and D.
With no softening needed and available in four convenient pre-measured 1/2 cup sticks, its baking made easy. Just like other Becel® products, new Becel® Sticks can be used in baking, cooking and spreading, and replace butter 1:1.
PARENT CLUB TIP: you can use Becel Sticks in traditional holiday baking recipes as well as gluten-free holiday baking recipes. I have successfully replaced Becel products for butter over and over and the taste and results are always holiday-party-worth.
5. Relax while the cookies bake. This was a great takeaway from #BakeWithHeart where we did 20 minutes of meditation while the cookies baked. Know what?!…it was AWESOME! Take that 20-23 minutes of time when your cookies are in the oven and RELAX. Maybe some yoga in the living room, arm stretches in the hallway, deep breathing while seated at the kitchen table. That 20 minute mediation at the event was de-stressing, enjoyable, and rejuvenating. I was even ready to tackle the dishes!
We are so busy in our every day lives…baking therapy is a good thing. 🙂