OK, this Recipe Card/Index Card Notepads activity is an easy boredom buster (and great birthday party activity!). I have always carried note pads in my bag for my kids. Writing and drawing helps curb their impatience in doctor’s offices and grocery store check-outs. However, I thought…I can turn notepads into a DIY activity for kids. And it’s EASY!…
These notepads are kinda brilliant. Low-cost and easy to make.
Recipe Card/Index Card Notepads DIY
You will need:
- Recipe cards or Index cards (available at dollar stores)
- Binder rings (also available at dollar stores)
- Hole punch
- Unpackage recipe/index cards.
- Punch holes individually in one corner of the card. I encourage top left corner because it would be like flipping a book. I don’t recommend trying to have kids bunch holes through a bunch of cards because this can be frustrating — card stock can be a challenge to punch through for little hands.
- Does it matter if the holes are matched up perfectly? This is up to you and your child. If matching matters…you cold mark an X on the spot where the kids need to punch the hole. This will help with lining up the holes and also develop eye/hand coordination skills.
- Stack cards with holes together and bind them with binder ring.
My kids love to flip the pages (and take pretend orders as servers do). Yes, one cappuccino please. Since children only ever write on one side of a page – I use the flip side for grocery lists.
Plus, I can take out the works of art and put them on my fridge or cork board. Dispose of the used cards. Replenish at will — at pennies a pad. I’m telling you – you’ve gotta try this!
Recipe Card/Index Card Notepad DIY as a Birthday Party Activity
You could set the a table with all the supplies and talk the kids through each of the steps. Use colourful cards or ones connected with your party theme. Some ideas: detective cards, autograph book, score cards, passports, journals, and more. These Recipe Card Notepads can then be part of the loot bag or goodie bag at the end of the party.
If you are looking for more birthday party activity ideas check out: DIY LIPGLOSS ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS
SHARE: Do you carry around notepads for your kids too?…