As easy as contact paper, scissors and clip art/photos…you can quickly (and super cost efficiently) Make Your Own Place Mat For Kids. I made this place mat in minutes (really). Switch up your place mats as your child grows into a new phase (my son is big into animals and vehicles right now so I made a two-sided place mat to occupy him during meals).
Make Your Own Place Mat For Kids
You will need:
- Clear contact paper (available at art stores but cheaper at hardware stores)
- An image (use free clip art)
- Find images which fit with your theme.
- Think place mat themes like: favourite characters (cartoons, Disney, Pixar), animals (wild animals, pets, dinosaurs), places (Disney castles, stores your family visits, wonders of the world, maps), family photos, seasonal things (Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, school break, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day).
- Copy and paste these images individually into a document (you can use Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs or Google Sheets).
- Save your Make Your Own Place Mat document. I chose to do enough images to fill up two pages so that I could have a double sided place mat.
- Print your documents (double sided if you have 2 pages).
- Cut the contact paper to size of image (I used an 8.5 x 11 for this place mat).
- Peal the paper off of contact paper and stick it to one side of your image.
- Flip image over and stick 2nd piece of contact paper onto back.
- Using scissors trim edges.
These Make Your Own Place Mats are portable too (so you can take them to Grandma’s or a restaurant should you need portable boredom busters. You can also clean the place mats by giving them a gentle wipe with a damp cloth.