This easy (and delicious) Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe is the favourite side dish of my daughter. It’s a great make-ahead dish which also freezes. Serve it as a side dish for your next family meal or as a main dish when you add bacon….my daughter even eats it as an after-school snack…
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or 2% milk)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- pepper (to taste)
- Pre-cook baking potatoes (I wash them. Pierce with a fork on both sides. And microwave for 9 min on high)
- Allow baking potatoes to cool.
- Using a knife, cut baked potatoes lengthwise in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the potato insides (be careful not to break skin). Put inside part of potato in bowl. Set potato skins aside on a cookie sheet.
- Mash potatoes. Add sour cream (or milk), garlic, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and pepper (to taste).
- Spoon potato mixture into potato skins.
- Cover with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350C) for 15-20 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
Related: you might like to try my EASY RICE SALAD recipe. It’s make-ahead and a great side dish.