This DIY All Natural Air Freshener Oranges and Cloves is easy and uses only three ingredients (which you probably already have in your kitchen pantry!). It is also chemical-free (which makes it allergy-friendly, child-friendly, and pet-friendly too). You won’t want to miss making this…
What makes this DIY All Natural Air Freshener Oranges and Cloves handy?…
- In case you have a burnt dinner smell in the house (it happens)
- Stale odours
- Pet smells
- Kid smells
- Colds n’ flus in the house (note: this won’t make the cold or flu any better or help anyone get over a cold or flu faster…it simply smells nice…which makes being sick a litter less yuck).
DIY All Natural Air Freshener Oranges and Cloves
- Peel of two oranges (eat the oranges themselves…see?…bet that vitamin C makes you feel better too)
- 4-5 cloves
- 3 cups of water
- That’s it!
- Pour water into saucepan
- Add in orange peel
- Add in cloves
- Set water/orange/clove mixture to boil (I prefer to use element at back of stove for child safety…you don’t want any little hands trying to grab the pot handle).
- Once boiling, turn it down to LOW and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
NOTE: do not leave a pot with hot things unattended…again child safety (and pet safety too)…plus you don’t want to forget about it and have it boil down and start burning. I set a timer (seriously, it smells so good you might forget it in plain bliss). Also, I don’t leave it unattended.
If you are worried about forgetting it…or having to step away while care giving…you could simmer this orange clove air freshener in a crockpot (slow cooker) uncovered.
Story behind how I came up with this all natural air freshener DIY idea: I was baking and had some orange peel left over. So I decided to boil some water, add the orange peel with some cloves – and just simmer it on my stove top for a half an hour. AMAZING results. I highly recommend!
And what was I baking you wonder?…