This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gillette Venus. All opinions are 100% mine.
A Girl’s Guide to Myths About Shaving is inspired by conversations I’ve had with my daughters. There are so many myths to shaving (scare stories tweens and teens hear from their friends or incorrect presumptions they come up with by themselves). There’s a rite of passage when a young lady starts shaving. It’s a milestone of growth, maturity, and self-care. A Girl’s Guide to Myths About Shaving will help make conversations with your daughter, about shaving, a little easier…
A Girl’s Guide to Myths About Shaving
To start off…I didn’t have our “how to use a women’s razor” conversations in front of their little brother. I always spoke with my girls one-on-one (usually in the privacy of their rooms). Not that shaving is a taboo subject. But I think it’s important to show your daughters that body conversations can be respectful and private. I started out with “What do you want to know?…” and let their curiosity lead the conversations. This is also a great way to flag any dis-information (like their friends’ scare stories mentioned earlier) and dispel the myths about shaving.
ASIDE: I have two daughters and each has her own razor. And yes, I have my own as well. It’s best not to share razors (or hair brushes or tooth brushes).
With so many shaving myths out there, it can be hard to know fact vs. fiction. Check out more advice at www.gillettevenus.ca
- Shaving is going to hurt. Untrue. Shaving does not hurt because you use light strokes against your skin. Relax. Take a deep breath. Shaving isn’t scary.
- You can shave your legs when they are dry. Well, please don’t. Shaving in the shower (wet shave) using soap or razor gel provides the lubrication you need for shaving. You’ll have better results too.
- Go against the flow. True. Shave upwards for leg hair. Shave upwards and downwards for underarm. And for your delicate bikini area…shave in the direction which feels most comfortable for you.
- You will cut yourself. Not likely. Modern women’s razors are built for ease of use. You can reduce you chances for a cut by not shaving with an old blade and using a high quality razor like the Gillette Venus Swirl with FLEXIBALL™. The proprietary FLEXIBALL™ technology offers a totally unique four-way movement like no other male or female razor on the market. And no, don’t use a razor designed for men’s beards to shave your legs. Use one designed for women.
- You have to go to a salon for hair removal. No you don’t. You can get smooth and flawless results shaving in the comfort of your own shower. It costs less and you don’t need an appointment!
Designed by women for women, Venus Swirl is combining the innovative four-way movement of FLEXIBALL™ technology and Gillette’s most advanced blades. Thus, Venus Swirl moves like no other to cover every unique curve and contour of a woman’s body for a flawless shave.