A taste-good, feel-good sandwich -> this Country Harvest: Orchard Harvest Autumn Stacker Sandwich. Warning: the following recipe will make you hungry 🙂
Orchard Harvest Autumn Stacker
(doesn’t that look delish?!)
- 2 slices of Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean Bread
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 3 slices roasted turkey
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- ¼ cup baby arugula
- Assemble sandwich by spreading one slice of bread with apple butter and the second slice with Dijon mustard.
- Sprinkle half the cheese onto bread.
- Layer apples over top followed turkey, pears and arugula. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Top with remaining slice of bread. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Grill sandwich 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
TIP: make this sandwich lunch box friendly by separating apple and pear in their own reusable container, omit the heating instructions, and then adding to your sandwich when you are ready to eat. That way you enjoy all the goodness — without having a mushy sandwich.
For me…the rustic bean bread, turkey, pear, and arugula in this salad are my crunch points.
The Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean Bread is the latest innovation from Country Harvest,containing nutritious ingredients that you can feel good about eating. Each serving of bread contains: A delicious blend of pulses including chickpeas, beans, lentils and peas 22 g of whole grains 6 g of protein (equivalent to one extra-large poached egg) 3 g of fibre (equivalent to one small banana)
Find this and other Country Harvest breads at: Loblaws No-Frills Real Canadian Superstore Zehers Your Independent Grocer Fortinos Save-On-Foods
Country Harvest Canadian Rustic Bean bread is proud to be made with pulses that are 100% Canadian and are sourced from Western Canada.
Bread is one of my favourite food groups (really!). From toast in the morning to a sandwich at lunch to a snack mid-afternoon to quash the munchies…bread is my comfort food.
And I do admit, I enjoy having different bread types…sliced, French, bagels, wraps, breads with fruits and breads without.
Disclosure: this post is brought to you in partnership with Country Harvest.