I love the holidays. I don’t love holiday stink. Burnt cookies (I do that). Blah blankets (because they’ve been put away all year). Musty holiday decorations (they’ve been in the basement all year). Read these 5 Tips For A Holiday Fresh Home to get your home guest-ready and smelling like Christmas for the holidays…
5 Tips For A Holiday Fresh Home
1. Improptu Guests – always have guest-worthy snacks on hand (or ready to defrost from the freezer) for improptu guests. Don’t let your guests catch a whiff of the #12Stinks of Christmas (watch the video below…). For overnight improptu guests (the nerve!) – freshen sheets and towels. For improptu dinner guests – order out. For improptu drop-in guests – excuse yourself to the bathroom and follow this next step…
2. Bathrooms (and diaper bins) – nothing stinks more than bathrooms and diaper bins (let’s be honest shall we). They stink sometimes! Empty bathroom trash bins and diaper bins. Clean each as you normally would. Then, for good measure – unbox some Febreze smallSPACES Fresh Twist Cranberry to add a little extra freshness to your holiday small spaces like living room and bathrooms. It’s handy to keep those smallSPACES packs in your medicine cabinet (out of hands reach of children of course). That way, you can unbox easily (and without drawing attention) when those improptu guests pop by.
Febreze has released a hilarious video featuring the stinks associated with the holidays, brought to you by Instagram sensation Doug the Pug and rapper Doug E. Fresh!
3. Those burnt cookies – first, wait for the smoke detector to re-set itself. lol. Tell the kids you were just doing a fire drill. If weather permits open windows to allow for some ventilation. If weather doesn’t permit (darn the cold weather!) I would stand in my kitchen; swinging a tea towel around like I was trying to flag a plane in order to get some air movement. If this fails, spray some Air Effects Fresh Pressed Apple as your baking odour solution.
4. Musty Christmas stockings – packed away 11 months out of the year Christmas stockings can smell musty when you unpack them from your holiday storage bins and boxes. Air them out to get rid of that musty stink.
5. A Real Christmas tree – that’s right…I’m Team Real Tree because it gives that holiday fresh scent like no other.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Febreze. As always, the opinions are my own.