10 Ways Kids Can Play With Balloons…because balloons can be fun indoor play and a good all round kids’ boredom buster. I was inspired to write this after my son’s birthday party…where after all my boredom buster planning, the bag of dollar store balloons was the biggest hit. Go figure!
10 Ways Kids Can Play With Balloons
- Balloon tennis (using hands or fly swatters).
- Balloon volleyball
- Balloon fights (not really recommended – but with my son’s birthday guests – it turned into an epic balloon battle – and yes balloons will pop)
- Balloon pets (use a marker to draw faces)
- Balloon soccer (especially good when the balloons begin to deflate)
- Balloon hide and seek (see if you can find it)
- Musical balloons (keep them up in the air but once the music stops grab them or your out)
- How long can you keep it up? (count to 10, then 20, then 30 – seeing how long you can keep it up before it hits the ground)
- Balloon bowl. Use the balloon as an decoupage activity)
- Egg race – balloon style. Use paper plates as “spoons” and balance the balloons in a race around the living room. First one to cross the finish line with their balloon on their paper plate wins!
And if you are in a craft with kids mode to keep them busy – might I suggest 10 CRAFTS FOR KIDS
The Popsicle stick box is classic!
I didn’t think playing with balloons would provide tons of entertainment – but it does. That dollar store bag of balloons kept my son entertained off and on for weeks. We stored the balloons behind the couch (when not playing) and they were discovered daily by my son.
And yes, the balloon battle – I tried to say “No” but eventually just gave in and supervised it was safely played. Not in the face. Not too hard. Ok, take a break. 🙂