What’s in my freezer? The goodness from this Easy Turkey Soup Recipe. Turn your leftover turkey into this delicious soup (comfort food can be anytime!). Handy when you’ve had your fill of turkey over the holidays – simply use your turkey leftovers – and fill your freezer with homemade soup.
Easy Turkey Soup Recipe
- Turkey carcass with meat on it
- leftover cooked turnip
- 1 cup raw carrots
- Leftover gravy (if there is any)
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 c rice (brown rice is healthier option but you can use white rice)
- Fill a pot with 6 cups of water
- Add in turkey carcass
- Add in raw carrots
- Add in 1 onion
- Bring to a boil. Cover. Let simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- Allow to cool.
- Discard onion.
- Take out carcass and pick off any turkey meat. Set turkey meat aside.
- Add salt and pepper to broth to taste.
- Add in left over gravy.
- Mix well.
- Add in rice.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes (or until rice is done).
- Cut up turkey meat.
- Add leftover turnip to rice.
- Add in turkey meat.
- Freeze in airtight containers.
This easy turkey soup recipe is pure comfort food. It’s also similar to my Creamy Chicken Rice Soup recipe (which I LOVE to have when I’m sick). I know summer time we aren’t always thinking soup for dinner – however sometimes it’s nice just to be able to pull out a container from the freezer and know a home cooked meal is good to go.
If you like freezer meals – then go forth and have a read of these 5 Make And Freeze Meals