Don’t get burned! And I note this from someone who burns every. single. year. These Sunscreen Tips are for all of us to prevent sun burns and stay sun safe this summer!…
- Put sunscreen at the door. I recently had a meeting in an office that had an outdoor patio – and beside the door to go out – was sunscreen. Genius right?! Whether at home, at the cottage, or at the office – keep sunscreen next to the exit door (that way you will always remember to stop and apply sunscreen).
- Yes, stop and put that sunscreen on. I know – we are always busy – but that one minute you take to apply sunscreen (to yourself or your kids) makes a difference to your skin health in the long term (and your skin comfort tomorrow – because sun burns hurt).
- Carry a travel size sun screen with you. This is one of my most loved Tips To Prevent A Sunburn – a travel size sun screen will allow you to reapply throughout the day. I happen to LOVE Aveeno Baby Sensitive Skin SPF 50 stick which you will always find in any bag I carry. I use it on my forehead and nose (the two places I always burn!) most of the time but have also used it on my neck and arms (and on my kids too).
- Reapply after water fun. Yes, I know many sunscreens note they are waterproof – but as an often-burnt-person-myself – I think it’s wise to reapply sunscreen after swimming, splash pads, and general water play.
- Make your own travel size sunscreen container. A clean, plastic, pop lid prescription bottle is the perfect size for a DIY sunscreen container. Simply clean the container, dry, fill with your sunscreen and snap on the lid. If you are worried about leakage – pop it into a resealable snack bag. Doesn’t take up much space and is super valuable to your sun care routine. You can also make it fun for kids by adding dollar store sparkles to the sunscreen (which will stick on the kids’ skin).