My kids (age 4 – 14 years old) all like being creative – which is why we have always had a stock of Crayola products in our house (also handy to have on hand as presents when class birthday invites come home). Crayola Colour Alive is a new generation of colouring where kids’ colouring pages come to life in digital form. SPOILER: GIVEAWAY BELOW…
Pictured above, both my 14 year old and 4 year old colouring on the Crayola Colour Alive pages. At the same time! What I like about Crayola is that it is classic. For boys and girls. Creativity and simplicity. And let’s not forget Crayola markers are washable (one of the best inventions ever!).
I also like the skills this kind of creativity helps to develop…
- Decision making (what colour do I pick?)
- Hand eye coordination (draw inside the lines)
- Creativity (colour with reckless abandon)
- Thinking (what will I colour next?)
- Focus (I am concentrating on colouring right now)
- Social (may I have the blue marker when you are done?)
- Pride (our fridge and cork board are, respectively, covered with coloring pages and artwork)
I always have recipe cards and Crayola crayons in my bag for artwork on the go (great for when you are at a restaurant or doctor’s waiting room). I pack art kits for when we travel (great boredom busters for flights). And as mentioned above, I give Crayola stuff as birthday presents (because whether boy or girl – I know it will be used).
About Crayola Colour Alive
Crayola Colour Alive launches an exciting new virtual colouring experience which allows children to bring their colouring creations to life and interact with them using a smartphone or tablet.
- Colour a Colour Alive page – a special marker in each marker set unlocks special virtual effects.
- Scan – using your tablet or smartphone with the free Colour Alive app
- Interact – your designs comes to life (complete with motion and sound).
Colour Alive colouring books include: Mythical Creatures, Barbie, Skylanders, and Enchanted Forest. All colouring books come with 7 exclusive colour markers, 16 colouring pages and FREE iOS, Android and Windows app included.
Enter for a chance to win a Crayola prize pack (valued at $65). This giveaway is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec 18+ yrs.