Holidays often mean house guests. I have a lot of experience hosting house guests (that happens when your family lives far, far away). So from making them feel welcome to cleaning a comfortable space for them and all the important little things in between – I’m sharing 5 Ways To Prepare Your Home For House Guests…TEASER: there is a Holiday Host Kit giveaway below to help prepare your home for house guests!
5 Ways To Prepare Your Home For House Guests
- Transform a room into a guest room. We transform our rec room into a guest room by putting away the toys, opening up a futon, and clearing surfaces so the guests can organize their suitcases and personal items. Having been a house guest myself, I know how nice it is to have your own space in a home.
- Extra blankets. I’m a chilly person so I always leave extra blankets on the bed for house guests to use.
- Stock the bathroom. You never know what a guest might forget. Make them feel welcome by stocking your bathroom with Pantene Shampoo, Pantene Conditioner and Olay Body Wash. Even if they bring their own, new products may be a treat to try.
- Put out the little comforts a house guest might need. I always love having a clock in my room (especially when I am somewhere where there is a time change). A box of tissue. Some magazines to enjoy during down time. You have these house comforts around your home anyway so why not switch their location to your guest’s room to help welcome them during their stay.
- Scent welcoming. I like to make my house smell welcoming to guests (especially during the winter months when we are inside the house more often). Burning a candle like Febreze Sugared Cranberry Candle, creates a comforting and pleasant scent which guests appreciate.
Enter for a chance to win a Holiday Host Kit filled with P & G products to help prepare your home for house guests! And should you need more house guest prep products be sure to take advantage of these printable coupons. This giveaway is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec. This Holiday Host Kit includes:
- Downy Unstopables
- Olay Body Wash
- Olay Regenerist Sachets
- Pantene Smooth Shampoo
- Pantene Smooth Conditioner
- Pantene Volume Shampoo
- Pantene Volume Conditioner
- Febreze Sugared Cranberry Candle
- Febreze Frosted Pine Air Effects
- Dawn Hand Renewal
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.