With school lunch being upon us…I dedicate this post to making school lunch easier. Here you will find school lunch menu and school lunch ideas. Simply because getting up at 6am to pack school lunch is tough…this is my attempt to make that easier…
Pictured above is last night’s pasta – tossed with olive oil and Greek seasoning; making a Greek pasta salad the today’s school lunch. (The collapsible lunch box is a hit with my dear daughter – read about it and my other Back To School Lunch Box Gear recommendations).
Interested in more School Lunch Ideas…I have one or ten which might make your school-lunch-making easier…
Organizing your school lunch items into a grab n’ go type of organization is a great way to help make school lunch easier. As soon as you get home from the grocery store, thread those strawberries and grapes into fruit kebabs (if you do it right away you don’t have to do it later!). I take the dairy items out of the paper packaging and group them in a container in the fridge for easy grab n’ go action when I’m making school lunch. And go-tos like celery & carrots and crackers & pita can get fancied up when paired with humus and boursin cheese.
Out of fresh fruit? A staple in our pantry is applesauce (tho I try to pack a litterless lunch as much as I can…I keep these single serving snacks around for those times when there is no fresh fruit). Lunch Ideas are always a good thing n’est pas?!
School Lunch Menu
- Fresh cut vegtables: carots, celery, broccoli, cucumber, peppers
- pretzels, fish crackers, rice crackers, popcorn, crackers
- dry cereal
- cereal bar
- crunchy fruit: apples, grapes
- yogurt, cheese
- soft fruits: pears, banana, clementines, orange slices, raisons
- apple sauce, fruit cups, drinkable yogurt, juice
- wet fruits: watermelon slices, cantalope
- brownie, cookie, muffin
- room tempreture pizza
- thermos with spaghetti
- bagel and cheese (or just butter)
- pita with filling (call it a wrap)
- thermos with egg or tuna salad
- green salad and vingrette
- cereal and milk
Kids relate to textures. Kids who have wobbly teeth might prefer softer foods until the Tooth Fairy comes. Hot kids might appreciate some wet snacks to help cool them off.