We all know that “oh no!” nauseous feeling when we open the January credit card bills (egad!). According to new research released by Mobilicity, women in households with kids are at the greatest risk of overspending. Yikes! Shop responsibly now and avoid the holiday shopping hangover later.
5 Tips to Shop Smartly
- Avoid impulse purchases (1 in 5 Canadians are impulse shopping guilty). A shopping list will help curb your impulse enthusiasm
- Don’t overspend. Make a holiday budget for gifts, food, decorations and events and keep to it.
- There’s an app for that. Use your phone features to help limit your holiday hangover – from scanning bar codes to keeping reward plan numbers there are a multitude of ways to organize your shopping via your mobile phone.
- Shop on-line. Avoid impulse buys from flashy sales signs and on-commission sales people by shopping on-line.
- Snack while shopping. Fatigue and hunger can affect your buying mood…healthy snacks will keep you energized and on-the-ball for smart shopping.
Content courtesy of Mobilicity, Canada’s smart mobile carrier. Find out how to avoid a holiday shopping hangover and reduce your monthly spending all year round with unlimited data, talk and text, without contracts and hidden fees at Mobilicity.ca. Now that’s smart!