- Give the kids a shopping list and play “Who can find…”
- Make a “BINGO” card of the things your need to buy and let the kids play store bingo
- Give the kids a mini-cart to push in the store
Take away: give a kid a shopping”job” and shopping is easier
- Snacks that you have to eat one-by-one like fish crackers or cheerios
- Drinks that you can sip slooowly
Take away: bribe with foods
How NOT to shop with kids…
- Online! I have spent many a nap time clicking “add to cart” on a website rather than going into a brick and mortar store. Books, toys, gifts…if I have to browse for something…I much prefer to browse online (with a warm cup of tea beside me and a sleeping baby breathing through the baby monitor). Plus, they will ship right to my door.
Take away: internet shopping is a busy Mom’s best friend
Do you shop with kids (or NOT)? Have a shopping (or not shopping) tip to share? Do it. Quick (’cause I know you’re reading this while the kids sleep).
Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Play Panel and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.