- Your device. Whether it be a phone, tablet, notepad (the electronic kind) or tablet - you’re device is your connection to the conference…and the conference peeps…and the greater world who want to know what your doing at the conference. (aside: save your data plan – most blogging conferences have free wifi) You’ll want an integrated camera, notepad application and social media apps like twitter, facebook and google +. You might event want to blog.
- Your business cards to give out to brands, bloggers and friends. Make sure your biz card includes your name, your niche, your web addy and your @ name (home address not needed). You can get family friendly priced cards at Vista Print, Moo and my personal fav. Grace Announcements (the latter did mine – read the Parent Club profile of this Canadian mompreneur!)
- Your charger. That low battery warning is an “oh no!” moment at a blogging conference. Chargers take up little space but can save your sanity big time.
- Snacks. Yes, there may be snacks and meals…and blogging conferences try really hard to accommodate various dietary issues…but snacks are a good thing. (and if you take chocolate you will be everyone’s BFF at the sugar craving hour).
- Your “team”. One would think a room full of people doing all the same thing would make for competitors but really bloggers create a community of colleagues. Whether you are a newbie or a veteran to blogging remember that everyone in that room is a part of your team – and as such bring to the field respect, engagement and support.
Blogging and social media conferences are great events to network, learn, question and get inspired. These 5 things are my go-to tool box. And every girl deserves some good tools in her life