Summer heat can be an activity buster…here are a few ideas for keeping cool…
- Visit a local library (air conditioning and books – what is better? My kids love to be able to sit at the computers and play webkinz…I like that the computers automatically log them off after 30 minutes).
- pool, splash pad, sprinkler (water is cooling – but remember sun screen and shade)
- movie day (there is nothing wrong with spending ONE afternoon inside watching a film)
- tourist trap (visiting a local tourist attraction can be fun…it can also be air conditioned)
- play in the evening (evenings are cooler so stay quiet during the day and hit the park after dinner)